Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Wet Thai Food @ Kampung Kayu Ara

I was attracted to this restaurant when I saw it being featured in one of those phood programmes on Jiayu tv. I saw that it was a floating restaurant surrounded by water but missed out the address. And one day I passed by when I was going to Pantai Seafood so I told my friends I wanna eat here! When I reach there, where's the floating restaurant? Then only I knew that there are a few branches and the floating branch is in Kajang if I'm not mistaken. Wasted. But nevermind.

5 of us, 5 dishes.


Kerabu Chicken Feet (RM11) - Lack of something, maybe the sourness. Average.

Stir fried Kangkung (RM12)

Tom yam seafood soup (RM20) The soup is nice but not much seafood inside. Be careful there's another one tom yam with prawn, that one is more expensive because they give the fresh water prawn I think.

Siakap, in lemon style (RM45). I forgot the full name but the 'lemon' or 'lime' word is there. Nice. Sour, super spicy (request for less spicy, we already request less spicy but it's still super spicy!). Love the 'soup' that comes with it. 

There's various fishes with a list of various cooking methods which you can choose from. And there's a barbeque section at the outer part of the restaurant for all the grill n barbeque items. Will definitely go there again but am still searching for the best Thai food around here. And I found an easy way to make your own tom yam soup which I think is quite nice :p

Charcoal burner

We also ordered their deep fried calamari (RM18) but you can skip that. It looks like those frozen crumbed calamari rings, and it's chewy, hard to bite.

Total bill was RM127 for 5 of us. The food is nice, but can still be better. Maybe different branch different. Hmm...

A Wet Thai
Lot 13544, Jalan Cempaka,
Kampung Kayu Ara,
47400 Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor

No comments: