Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bistro 42 @ Bangsar Village 2

I'm sure everybody knows how wide the BIG Group has spread their food establishments all over KL now. Ben's, Plan B, Est., Bistro 42, T Forty Two, Ben's General Food Store, Ben's Independent Grocer, Estate, Canoodling, Ricetaurant... I passed by Bistro 42 a few times and just love the way they designed this place, especially the outer part of the restaurant at the walkway of the mall.


On 010112, after a long day at work the previous night and watching very very close up fireworks at work, I had lunch with my friend here. Previously I had read about their phood in Flavours and was so tempted with few of their salads which sounds awesome.

 My friend's Ranch Chicken sandwich (RM15.90), the size was average, comes with a side salad, wouldn't be enough for me :p Doesn't fancy chicken sandwiches for my main meal though.

 My Seared Salmon Avocado Salad(RM28.90). Mixture of greens (arugula, mint, watercress, salad leaves) with avocado and orange segments with seared salmon n mayo/tartar kinda dressing. I liked it. Well, I like salads & arugula, so I can't give much comments. The portion is huge, but I'd be able to finish it on my own la :p

For desserts we shared a Caramel Banana Tart (RM11.90). Shortcrust pastry, slices of banana at the bottom with white chocolate mousse I think. Well, chocolate and banana always go together so nothing much to comment. Nice dessert I would say. And I ordered one of their teas selection named 'Relax' (RM9.90), mixtures of flowers n teas but I can't remember what variety. And I forgot how it taste like :(



Would definitely go back again for their salad. They have a variety of western dishes. Would love to try it. But their pricing is more on the expensive side.

BISTRO 42
1F-28 & 1F-K2,
First Floor,
Bangsar Village 2,
No 1, Jalan Telawi Satu,
Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
Business hours: 11am – 10pm daily
Bar & Kitchen last order: 9.30pm
Tel: +603 2287 6566

No comments: