Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Best Toast Bun @ Kedai Kopi Hai Peng, Chukai

Was on 'holiday' last weekend to the east coast, and was brought to this coffee shop in Chukai town by a friend from Kuantan. Chukai is a town in Kemaman, 1 hour drive north from Kuantan.

It looks like a tall building but the coffee shop only take up the ground floor.


It's a halal coffee shop, so you get to see a lot of Chinese and Malay customers dining here, having their tea, chit chatting.

Even though it's crowded with people every minute, but service is fast. There is a table in front of the cashier displaying packets of nasi dagang, nasi lemak, beehoon, and some kuihs. They also serve main meals like spaghetti, western food too if I'm not mistaken.

My friend said her brother always come here for the nasi dagang, always sold out before noon, which made me very curious and craving for it. However, it was not as I expected, maybe because it wasn't like what I saw in Kelantan.



You drool fish curry over your rice as much as you like


However, I discovered the best best best best best toast bun I've ever eaten in my entire life. I'm never a fan of toast bread, and I only like bread which is crusty yet soft inside. And this, is exactly the way I love it!


Wit a slab of butter and homemade kaya


Teh O

Cham Ice and curry puff


Kopi O

It's owned by a Chinese but many of the workers are Malay (or might be foreigners I'm not sure). They also commercialize their own coffee brand and kaya. There were also teacups for sale.


Would definitely come back for the buns. Now that I'm writing this post, I'm craving for it. Arghhh!!! Anyone can teach me how to make similar type of buns?

Kedai Kopi Hai Peng 海滨茶店,
Bandar Chukai,
No.3753, Jalan Sulaimani,
24000 Kemaman,
Terengganu Darul Iman.

Telephone : 09-8597810
Open from early morning (7am) till evening I guess
Closed on Fridays

No comments: