Sunday, February 26, 2012

Roasted Goose and Duck @ Restoran Wei Kee

I have earlier heard my friend mentioning about this place famous for roasted duck long ago, but have yet to try it until last month. My family and I were intending to go to the crispy siew yuk rice behind Shaw Parade but it was closed for CNY so we switched plan and head to this shop Wei Kee in Pudu area as well famous for their Roasted Geese and Roasted Duck.


It's just a plain, old shop in between a row of shoplots very near to the Pudu morning market which I always call it the Gold Fish street cuz got stalls selling fishes in plastic bags. Lol. It's a shop with no air conditioning so be prepare to sweat on a hot day.

We ordered half nos of Roasted Geese, Char Siew, Siew Yuk, Pork Trotter in Vinegar, and a boiled vege. It was finger licking good for me, but my aunt complained that it's too 'sou' in Chinese saying, too strong the meaty taste. And, embarrassed to say, I didn't know it was geese, I thought it was roasted duck :p

The char siew and siew yuk is just normal, nothing to brag about, but I can finish the whole plate of rice just with the char siew sauce. Yum!



Restoran Wei Kee (伟记饭店深井烧鹅)

50, Lorong Yap Hin, Off Jalan Pasar, 55100,KL

Tel: 03-92218428

No comments: