Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fine Dine @ Cafe Cafe KL



Mum read some reviews about this Cafe Cafe at Jalan Maharajalela serving classic French and Italian meals and decided to try.

Like the meal type, the decors were classic western-ish too. Wooden chairs that squeeks when u sit on it (fine, I know I'm fat), a lot of mirrors, chandeliers and wooden cupboards and frames.

All I can say the place is damn DARK. They have very dim lights. Fine, I know it's to create those oh-so-romantic environment but, hey I can't even see the menu properly. My dad sat down and the first thing he said to the waiter was 'got torch ah?' :p

Sorry for the blur pics. Lighting problem :S

Knowing it's a luxurious place to be, I was expecting the price of food to be very extensive. But actually I would say it's in the medium-high category. Soup at RM15, main course range from RM20+ to RM60+. I guess this place is more of couple lovey dovey anniversary place.

Usual in French dining, bread rolls to ease your starvation first :p

I ordered the RM89 set which includes one soup of the day, one appetizer, one main course and one dessert. Mum took the lamb rack and dad the pasta guy. We ordered an additional salad to share.

My appetizer - Sun Dried Tomatoes with Mozzarella

Okay, I seriously don't know what soup is this. Smelled like mushroom but it's green! (Spotlight effect by my dad, he brought a torch =_=")

Classic French salad - Salad Nicoise (pronounced as nee-sua). Ok, I didn't expect the portion to be this big. RM20+ but the anchovies were way toooooo salty.

Lamb Rack (5 pieces!!) RM60+ with cauliflower and mash potato, sauteed veges. I feel this is worth it :)

King Prawn something something pasta (the size of the prawn is very small) RM30+ Taste not bad, a bit of spiciness and bites of almond flakes

Lamb Shank, my main course. With lots of tomatoes and carrots. Tender and good!

Cheesecake - oooh la la sinful but yummy. Not too cheesy with a lemony taste, chocolate base and cubes of mango on top.

Overall food is good! But only can go if you have a pay rise or promotion. Har har.

Corner lot, near to Restoran Mee Kai Kee and Dewan Bahasa.

Cafe Cafe KL
175, Jalan Maharajalela,
50150 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-21458141 (Reservation recommended)
Fax: 03-21418141
www.cafecafekl.com

No comments: