Sunday, June 8, 2008

Buongiorno @ Neroteca

My uncle recommended this restaurant to us. Being the kehpoh adventurous person, and since she was on leave (I was supposed to bring my baby go see owl-ta-man at gold river), my mom insist on going to try it out. Saying they have set lunches.

Searched for the directions online and made our way there. It's located at Lorong Ceylon, but my sense of direction around the golden triangle area is really bad, so we kinda lost our way. After many U-turns and illegal double line turnings, ahhh, finally I saw an orange condo with the word Somerset on it. Neroteca is located at the ground floor right corner of this Somerset residence. Ok, parking during lunch time is quite limited as there are lots of offices around, unfortunately restaurant guests were not allowed to use the condo's parking, there is a small private open air carpark opposite the condo, just a small one, and the jockey will ask you to leave ur car keys with them while they double park and triple park the cars if it's full.

Just a small establishment, which seats only about 50 I would say.


*Drools* Too many things, too little stomach space!

I like the way they hang up pots and pans :)

Ok, so my mom ordered the Menu Fisso & Combo Lunch (RM38) which is available on weekdays only from 12pm - 3pm. Changes daily. You get to choose 3 different sets of food. The one on that day were lentil stew/garden salad, suckling pig or fish, and pesto pasta/tomato sauce pasta. I think.


Being the hungry me, I ordered one Genovese Salad (RM29) which has mesclun and rocket salad with 'espelette' chili mustard, asparagus, prawns, roast capsicum, smoked salmon, codfish, cherry tomatoes and tuna. Big portion! Shared by 3 people will be just right.
And Tagliatelle Funghi e Prosciutto - ham and mushroom in light cream sauce (RM22). Yummy yummy! Not too creamy until you feel 'jelak'. Just nice :)

Greedy me. Couldn't finish the pasta :p

Oh, the combo lunch comes with one tea/coffee as well. Argh, as always, we're too stuffed until we can't order dessert. Well, next time. Definitely will go back again. Food is good, fresh and yummy! Price is actually ok. I counted, maximum one has to pay for main course is RM50 only! They also offer sandwiches, roasted meats etc. There are also few items which if you want to try you need to make advance booking.

There's also another outlet nearby called 'Nerovivo' which is owned by the same fella. Shall try it soon! :)

Neroteca
ground floor, somerset
8 lorong ceylon
50250 Kuala Lumpur
tel: 03 / 2070 0530
fax: 03 / 2070 2530
www.neroteca.com

No comments: