Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kedai Makanan Ang Kee, Cheow Yang SS2

I've always been wanting to update this phood blog but somewhat laziness and time doesn't allow me to. No, it's just i chose to do other things rather than updating :p





I've passed by this restaurant many many times in Cheow Yang and saw that it was usually crowded so I vowed to try it someday and I did. This visit was like half a year ago I think :p

It's not a big restaurant, just a one shop lot, with I guess around ten tables only. Nice place for family dinner, chinese style or what we call 'dai chao', dishes served with white rice. Yum! There were 6 of us, so we ordered as below:




Foo Yong Egg Omelette (RM10)




Seems like they're quite famous for their fish dishes as we see most tables ordered fish so we ordered the 'dry assam fish'. I think we ordered tilapia. Forgot. (RM28)







The Four Kings :p "sei dai tin wong" (brinjal, long bean, lady finger, four angled bean) stir fried in belacan (RM10)






House Specialty tofu (silky tofu with mushrooms) (RM12)






Buttermilk mantis prawn (this was recommended in blogs) nice! (RM16)






Long pork ribs (RM16)




Rice was RM1.30 per bowl, we ordered chinese tea (RM5.50). Price is average. I like most of the dishes, but just the assam fish tak cukup oomph, the tofu nothing really special. But in sum all are very yummy with rice indeed.




There are other dishes recommended but yet to try: Lala noodle, steam tofu with egg etc, all sounds yum.




Kedai Makanan Ang Kee,




No. 50, Jalan SS2/10, 47300 PJ




0122747148




(opens for dinner only i think, except for Thursday 11.30am-2.30pm for noodles dishes)

No comments: