Monday, April 20, 2009

My Fave BKT @ Dragon View, Puchong

My favorite bak kut teh restaurant. Yes, FAVE as in FAVORITE. Most FAVORITE. FAVORITEST. Whatever you call it :P Piping hot soup with tender pork ribs, served with mushrooms and fuchuks. That's what I called YUMMY. "Tambah soup" is a MUST here, because the soup doesn't have too herby taste, yet it's boiled long enough to be very flavorful. Top of the list to go when it's a rainy day.

Along with bak kut teh, one would not miss out ordering the steamed fish head, yau char kwai and the shop's signature tofu. Everytime I'm there, these are the few dishes that we order and no other.


Ginger paste steamed fish head (RM20)


Bak kut teh for three (RM8 per pax) is enough for 5.


Dragon View's signature deep fried tofu, served with sweet chili sauce (RM8)


Some green veges for fiber (RM8)


The best and crunchiest yau char kwai I've ever eaten (RM1.60)


And oh! Not forgetting the rice (RM1.20). It's superbly delicious even on it's own. Mum said they use fragrant rice, that's why it's so fluffly and nice. I thought they used pandan leave or something because it's really fragrant and just amazingly delicious.



For 5 person, with the soup all dried up into the stomach, rice bowl cleaned till it shimmers, the total bill came up to RM78 only!

Restoran Dragon View
Pusat Bandar Puchong,
Jalan Bandar 3,
Off Jalan Puchong,
47100 Puchong, Selangor

Tel: 03-58911129

(It's located directly behind Tesco. Corner lot of a row of shop lots)

Opens everyday
Lunch: 11am - 3pm
Dinner: 5.30pm - 9.30pm

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. It's the best BKT (my kinda taste - mild, soupy tasting BKT) in Puchong!

NalandaBookCafe said...

The worst customer service ever!!! And the taste is so so only. My bottom front teeth chipped off badly while chewing a mouthful of rice with stone (this chipped teeth give me chills everytime I brush or take hot/cold drinks after the incident). I told the lady boss but instead of feeling sympathetic and apologetic, she accused me of complaining over a small matter and calling me bangsat (obstinate). To repair a teeth cost few hundreds ringgit. If we found a small insect in the soup and complaint, I think we would at least get a change of soup and an apology. I just don't understand how a teeth is not more important than an insect. Truly disappointed with how the owner handle the situation.